100 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 24: Where Fate Left Me In The New Year.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Where Fate Left Me In The New Year.

My new year wasn't that exciting, but that doesn't really bother me considering that I rather spend it home with my girlfriend and many pets, drinking Sangria and watching Michelle Phan's makeup tutorials. It really was entertaining seeing the neighbors fire up a bunch of fireworks in the street. I actually decided to not watch the ball drop on TV this year and went outside to watch the dog freak out over the loud noises. Well the excitement's over and tomorrow's my birthday. In less than 11 hours I'll be 23.

So here is where fate (and bad luck, poor planning, the lack of time and money management skills) left in 2012. My 93' Toyota Corolla broke down on me and needs a new engine. To me, that equals junk. Over a month ago I lost my phone in a Michael's craft store and despite being told they had it, I never recovered my phone. Friday, December 30, 2011 I was laid off because the company I was working for no longer had enough money for payroll. There was no warning and no time to secure another job. Admittedly, I cried a little bit leaving work, but two hours later I was at my old job with a 40% pay decrease, working away the rest of the afternoon. Longer hours for less pay is better than no job at all. That's why you don't burn bridges and I'm not trying to go back home.

Moving on, I have a 100 things list I wanted to accomplish before I'm 24. I started it in November and I've only completed two things, which I've crossed out. I'll put up some pictures later. I was hoping for 2012 to be a good year despite this gruesome start and since my birthday is on the 2nd, the extra day won't hurt.

It is a long list and I won't cry about it if I don't complete it since some of the things I have on it are a little difficult, but I'll try my best to make it. I'll put up the list now and explain everything later.



Health and Fitness
1.     Run 5: 5Ks
2.     Run a 5K with a self-made running group of at least 5 people
3.     Run 1: 10K
4.     Run a ½ marathon
5.     Run a full marathon
6.     Perform 100 pushups in less than 3 minutes
7.     Run a triathlon
8.     Train for at least three months in self defense
9.     Train for at least three months in pole fitness
10.  Weigh between 112 – 117 for at least six months
11.  Achieve 19% - 16% body fat for at least six months
12.  Eat 50% Organic for at least three months
13.  Complete Warrior Dash

Travel and Vacation
14.  Vacation @ Aqua Girl as VIP
15.  Go on a road trip (3+ days)
16.  Travel to California
17.  Travel outside of the Country
18.  Go to an Anime Convention
19.  Go on a Cruise
20.  Go on a Camping Trip
21.  Plan a vacation for Japan
22.  Go to a Cirque du Soleil
23.  Gamble and/or Run in Las Vegas

Career
24.  Complete My Queen
25.  Publish My Queen
26.  Outline Transcendence
27.  Enter into 10 writing contests
28.  Win 1 Writing Contest
29.  Take 3 Culinary Jobs
30.  Create an Online Bakery Business Plan
31.  Make a profit off of an event
32.  Start or outline the sequel of My Queen
33.  Create girl-heart-girl

Food and Wine
34.  Create a 12 course themed formal dinner
35.  Brew 24 wines (6 ritual)
36.  Go to a Food and Wine Festival
37.  Create a Gingerbread House
38.  Create 50th birthday cake for Mom
39.  Create birthday cake for Ashley
40.  Create eight course meal using molecular gastronomy
41.  Create a series of unique foods or desserts for photograph
42.  Create two formal dinners based on one ingredient
43.  Enter a cooking or baking contest

Financial
44.  Have $5,000 in savings
45.  Raise credit score 50 points
46.  Get proper Health Insurance
47.  Start retirement plan
48.  Research the cost of having a child
49.  Create a personal budget and stick to it for at least three months

Hobbies and Interest
50.  Learn Japanese (well enough to watch a raw movie)
51.  Create a 100 page scrapbook
52.  Embroider Ritual Mat
53.  Embroider Mural
54.  Learn to play the piano
55.  Learn to fish (catch 10)
56.  Learn to make a grow light or environment
57.  Create a Witch’s staff
58.  Complete Embroidery Book
59.  Acquire a Distiller
60.  Create my own incense (10 types, 1000+)
61.  Created my own scented candles (5 types, 20+)
62.  Create my own essential oil (30+, 10+ ounces)
63.  Create my own bath product and hair products (6+)
64.  Learn how to ride a motorcycle
65.  Create a music video
66.  Learn to Knit (5 pieces)

Social and Lifestyle
67.  Compile a Lifestyle Lolita Handbook for Starling’s Lifestyle Lolita
68.  Go to a Lolita meet up or create a club in person or online
69.  Purchase Lolita Dresses (8+ complete outfits)
70.  Join a club with another interest for at least six weeks (Toastmaster?)
71.   Learn proper makeup application
72.  Have 1,000 followers on Twitter
73.  Own 15 pairs of stylish shoes
74.  Go to the Renaissance Fair
75.  Learn to sew and create the My Queen dress

Spirituality
76.  Dedicate myself to the Craft
77.  Memorize the Creation Story
78.  Celebrate at least four Sabbats
79.  Create four Sabbat dinners
80.  Complete the Green Wiccan Year
81.  Keep a Spiritual Journal
82.  Practice yoga once to three times a week for six months
83.  Learn the meaning of the tarot cards
84.  Practice herb magic and learn of 20 herbs and their medicinal uses
85.  Practice meditation once a week for six months

Family
86.  Grow an Organic Garden
87.  Go on 10 nature hikes
88.  Try Rock-climbing
89.  Go Green at Home
90.  Redecorate my home
91.  Go on 5 Romantic Dates
92.  Throw a house party
93.  Watch 7 in theater movies
94.  Neuter all of my bunnies
95.  Acquire a large out door rabbit hut
96.  Take Frankie to the vet and update shot records
97.  Build a Pet Paradise
98.  Have Ashley run the Warrior Dash in 2012
99.  Acquire a new car
100.                 Have a holiday party






No comments:

Post a Comment