100 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 24: I Want A Voice!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Want A Voice!

I went into work this morning to here my boss say that my work from the day before was poor. It was a stab to the heart, but I know that I'm not a bad writer. They expect me to write about a company and a product that I know nothing of. It's almost impossible. My bosses (there's four of them) learned English as a second language, so when speaking to them, I have to press for more answers than normal because things get lost in translation, so easily. Plus, their attitudes wear away at my patience. Some things have to change so I can keep my sanity. Well anyway, I got a power bank from one of them for my birthday. It was very nice of him, especially since I got a vaporizer the end of last year.

Anyway, on to more goals!

Career

I love writing and I love culinary arts. These goals are just to help me explore my options.


1.     Complete My Queen

My Queen is the name of a book I'm writing. It's a desert romance fantasy that I'm somewhat excited about, but I wouldn't know how others would react to it.  I have about 43,000 words down on my draft and I'm expecting to write at least 100,000 words so I have some room to cut it down.

2.     Publish My Queen

My Dream is to become a published author, so I will publish my book, this year would be nice.

3.     Outline Transcendence

Transcendence is another book concept that I have, but I won't be able to write it this year because my focus will be on My Queen.

4.     Enter into 10 writing contests

I've never really given them a try, so I will try to enter some even if it just for practice.

5.     Win 1 Writing Contest

The point of entering a contest is to win! So if I could win even one out of ten, that would be amazing.

6.     Take 3 Culinary Jobs

Some freelance work, of course. I haven't had much experience cooking for strangers. I think its time.

7.     Create an Online Bakery Business Plan

Another dream of mine, but for now I'll focus on getting it down on paper to see if such a thing is feasible.

8.     Make a profit off of an event

I'm not sure what I meant by this, but I think it just has to do with coming up with a small product for a public event. Baked goods maybe?

9.     Start or outline the sequel of My Queen

Well I didn't want to end it at just one book, but I feel if I made it into a super-book, it would be anticlimactic.

10.  Create girl-heart-girl

Girl-heart-girl is the name of a website I wanted to create for Culinary, Spirituality, and for Women who love Women. It's just a dream right now, but I'm hoping to make it into a reality.
I think my career goals are not so bad now that I went through describing them. Most of it is definitely doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment