100 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 24: Stressed!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stressed!

Our roommate was gone for the holidays and it reminded me why I wanted to leave place as soon as my lease is up. Rent was due two weeks and we are withholding the cash until the landlord fixes the two very large holes in our floor. I can't stop saying it. If I had the money to move, I would do it asap, but I try not to dwell on it. It would also be nice to not live with a stranger anymore. He's a very laid back guy, but for some reason I can not relax with him living with us.

I feel like I'm stuck in a web right now.

Anyway that's all I really have to say about my life. On to more goals!


Food and Wine

I love the culinary arts, so here are all the goals I have on food and wine.

1.     Create a 12 course themed formal dinner

I want to create a well executed 12 course dinner with maybe three types of wine and a nice beer. The meal would probably be for four to six people, but I'm not sure who I would invite. Picky eaters, I hate to say it, annoy me.

2.     Brew 24 wines (6 ritual)

Wine making is something I've done since I was old enough to drink. I don't make grape wines. As much as I would like to, they are expensive and not really that interesting. I have made a variety of fruit and herb wines. Now that interesting. Right now I have a tangerine, a rose, and rose/lavender wine going. 

Rose wines are in the front, Tangerine in the back to the left. This is my wine table, but I put my knitting supplies on it too!


3.     Go to a Food and Wine Festival

These go on often, but I've only volunteered at one. While I might not be able to afford the SoBe Food and Wine. I have to make it to one of the smaller ones.

4.     Create a Gingerbread House 

I've only done it in school with a team. I want to make an interesting one for myself, even if its in July.

5.     Create 50th birthday cake for Mom
This I've already done this and it didn't come out that bad. I'm not a baking and pastry student, so I did this with a lot of guess work and I made everything from scratch, fondant and all. Big mistake, but it was appreciated.

Yellow's her favorite color
I wasn't too thrilled about it, but she was happy!

6.     Create birthday cake for Ashley

Since I did it for my mom, then why not for my favorite girl. I think I have a fairy theme in store for her. I have plenty of time to practice.

7.     Create eight course meal using molecular gastronomy

What can I say? I like to experiment in the kitchen.

8.     Create a series of unique foods or desserts for photograph

One thing I don't have is a nice portfolio of my food creations. It's time I put in a little effort.

9.     Create two formal dinners based on one ingredient

Green tea dinner anyone? A coffee theme sounds great as well. I think a dinner themed around one ingredient is a great idea. Now if only I had a place to entertain. One that I won't have to worry about my guests going through the floor.

10.  Enter a cooking or baking contest

Why not? It seems fun.
I think all of these things are doable within the year. I'm excited to see what I can create!

No comments:

Post a Comment