100 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 24: I Got Laid Off... Again!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Got Laid Off... Again!

Two jobs in two weeks, it's amazing. They thought they were helping me out, but all they did is cause me more stress.

The reason: My girlfriend is the graphic designer there and I'm too much of a distraction.
The truth: Her behavior changed because I was there, but that was her decision.
Reality: It's just business and anyone working under them is just worker.

There was a meeting today and we were told to be transparent, but honestly all one of the bosses did was call out people in the open who they believed wasn't doing there job.

He called out one the computer animators for being on the phone to much. He was talking to his mother, who just went through surgery! The boss says if that's the case, then he should let everyone know. Everyone did know! The animator didn't even work under him anyway!

He called out a stock room person for not showing up to work. The guy got pulled over and couldn't get out of the situation. After all his loyal work, he should get a pass.

Here's the worse part. They pay the employees between 7.25 and 10 dollars. Should a graphic designer really be making ten dollars after a year of work and that's after three raises!

Times are tough, but that's slave wages especially since most of them work overtime and don't get time and a half. They say that we were a team, but honestly people move in and out of the place because they can't stand the abuse. Yes, I mean abuse. If something doesn't go there way, they have a little temper tantrum.

I was so upset today. I couldn't believe it. As much as I love their product I hate the lack of ethics in that work place. You should never call out your employees like that. Well anyway, that's all I have to say. I just needed to vent somewhere. I'll talk about goals later.

No comments:

Post a Comment