100 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 24: Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

Today is Monday, January 16th, 2012. Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Today we honor the birth of one of our greatest civil rights heroes!

I fell asleep before posting yesterday, so I 'll post twice today. Since I'm going to have some free time, I'm starting a mini goal of writing 10,000 words by Friday. I think I can manage that. I've already written down an outline for three scenes in my story.

On Saturday, I asked my friend to help me free up some space on my computer. I have a MacBook Air with only 64GB of internal memory and I was down to my last GB. He did free up six more, but he erased all the knitting patterns I collected over the past month along with some content writing and proposal writing information that I referred to when I needed help at work. It took a long time to collect all that information and I won't know how to get have of them back. Granted, I should have labeled my stuff better, but the info was just for me and I knew what I was looking for.

Anyway, I was so upset about losing the patterns, I tried to get them back, but I didn't find any. Instead I came by this beautiful picture (which is not mine to share so I won't) called The Dragon King's Daughter and that inspired an idea for my mural. I'll start trying to sketch it out soon. Once I have a decent sketch, I'll have Ash go over it in Adobe and add a grid. This will allow me to use a ghost grid poster board to blow it up. I may draw it over or get it professionally printed if it doesn't cost too much. After that I will be able to transfer it on to the fabric, then go through the long tedious process of putting it on a slate frame.

Well that's all just an idea for now. We'll see when I really get it going. There's still so much to learn.

That's my first post for today. See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment