100 Things I Want To Do Before I Turn 24: Happy Birthday to Me. Watcha Do? .... Nothing!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me. Watcha Do? .... Nothing!

Well today is my birthday! I'm 23 and trying to start off the new year strong. My birthday went by like a normal day, which would be shocking to most people my age. I actually got reminded by my girlfriend at 8:30 in the morning while we were walking to work that is was my birthday (just shameful). Didn't think that would happen to me until I was much older.

Anyway, as for what I for a living, I'm a content writer. I write content for websites, magazines, and anything else that needs words. I also do a little SEO work. So I wrote about cosmetic surgery for my old company and now I'm working for a company that creates vaporizers. Honestly, I do enjoy this company a little more. Cosmetic surgery may be fun to do, but it is really boring to write about.

On to my 100 things list. I promised I would explain everything I wrote into it. I'll do one category a day as this could get very wordy. Let's start with health and fitness.




Health and Fitness

1.     Run 5: 5Ks
2.     Run a 5K with a self-made running group of at least 5 people
3.     Run 1: 10K
4.     Run a ½ marathon
5.     Run a full marathon

 I have all of these running challenges because I really like to run. I've never really run competitively, not even in high school (I could hardly run a mile in high school), but it does seem sort of glamorous. So I want to push myself this year to run faster and longer than I ever have (which is 11.2 miles in 1 hr 50 min). One thing I love to do while exercising is to get other people involved. For two months before life got in the way, I managed to convince between 2-5 people (one always being my girlfriend) to get up at 5 a.m. every Saturday to go running in the park which was at least a 30 minute drive. Then we'd hang out for the rest of the day at the farmers market, tennis court, health food stores, and other fun places. Those days were great for bonding even when sleep deprived.

6.     Perform 100 pushups in less than 3 minutes

I've never been that great at push ups I think I could get through 5, but I think just like running with a little training I could really do it!

7.     Run a triathlon

To be clear, I would like to compete in a sprint triathlon which involves a .25-.4 mile swim, a 15 mile bike ride and a 5k run. Doesn't sound too hard except I'm pretty bad at swimming, so if I can avoid having someone drag my lifeless body out of the water, there's a good chance I could do this in a decent amount of time.

8.     Train for at least three months in self defense

I've done a little martial arts in the past, but never really took it seriously. I had this plan to join because my old job just happened to be right by a dojo, but now I'll have to find another way to get in some lessons.

9.     Train for at least three months in pole fitness

Not saying I want become a professional stripper, but I've wanted to do this for a long time. It seems so fun, so kinky, I can resist!

10.  Weigh between 112 – 117 for at least six months

I'm no porky pig, but I do have a little excess weight. I generally weight between 125 - 130lbs, which is not bad, but not that great for the body type I want. So just like millions of people around the world, I made a new years resolutions to get in shape. I'm using a book a found in Publix called '21-Day Belly Melt' as a guide. It reminds me of the Flat Belly Diet and I'm pretty sure its the same thing, but somehow cheaper and easier to follow. 

 

11.  Achieve 19% - 16% body fat for at least six months

There's no point in being skinny if I'm just a bag of fat and bones. I want muscle! I think right now I'm too embarrassed to say what my body fat percentage is.

12.  Eat 50% Organic for at least three months

So I would like 50% of everything I put in my body to be Organic. I would say 100%, but let's face it, I don't have that kind of cash and I want to eat healthily. So I'm not trying it now because of my current situation I can't have a huge food bill, but when I do, I'll make sure to blog about it, with some recipes.

13.  Complete Warrior Dash

The Warrior Dash was awesome. It's a 5k obstacle course. It involves climbing walls, jumping through tires, climbing over junk cars, through mud and jumping over fire. This was a late add in, but I'm so glad I got to do it and it was my first 5k! What a way to start off competitive running. I also got to donate my mud soaked shoes at the end of the course.

I did the run in 40 min 8 sec that put me at about 2,900 out of 7,100, which is good since 5th grade was the last time I climbed a wall and I twisted my ankle after the first obstacle less than a mile in. I'm proud of myself!

Warrior Dash 2011




Yes It Was!!!
Smoked Santa Anyone!





















Before the Race!

After: Look how Muddy I Got!



No comments:

Post a Comment